Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » New Member

Post subject: New Member
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:38 pm 

My name is Allen Shelley and I am a new member - how do I get access to the Member Forum page?

Also, I am a non-boater looking for someone to partner up with this year.

Thank you,
Allen Shelley

Post subject: Re: New Member
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:57 am 
Site Admin

Got ya added! Welcome to the club!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:13 pm 

Also, while the club did adopt the team format this year, you do not have to have a teammate. You can still fish as a non boater. If you were to show up as a non boater, we would put your name in a hat. Then any boaters that showed up without a partner or non boater would be eligible to draw you for the day. If you would like to then become a teammate with the boater, that is up to the two of you. However, you could still fish as a non boater.

What I recommend is to post on here a week or so before the tournament that you plan to be there as a non boater. That way, if anyone attends to fish the tournament but doesn't have anyone planned to come along with them, they could possibly accommodate you.

Last year, we had a good number of non boaters but only actually had a draw a couple of times. What happened instead was that the decisions were made the night before the tournament on who the non boaters would fish with. The way that this happened is that we would all be sitting around the campfire at the lake (which a great place to get acquainted with your fellow club members) and, after the new members and current members had time to get comfortable around each other, one of us current members would invite the new guy along to fish with us the next day.

I hope that all made sense. This club is unlike any club I've ever been with. We have never turned away a non boater and I don't ever see that happening. In fact, we normally have more than one boat in a tournament that has 3 anglers fishing out of it. You will have a ride. I can guarantee that!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:28 pm 

Steve81 wrote:
Also, while the club did adopt the team format this year, you do not have to have a teammate. You can still fish as a non boater. If you were to show up as a non boater, we would put your name in a hat. Then any boaters that showed up without a partner or non boater would be eligible to draw you for the day. If you would like to then become a teammate with the boater, that is up to the two of you. However, you could still fish as a non boater.

What I recommend is to post on here a week or so before the tournament that you plan to be there as a non boater. That way, if anyone attends to fish the tournament but doesn't have anyone planned to come along with them, they could possibly accommodate you.

Last year, we had a good number of non boaters but only actually had a draw a couple of times. What happened instead was that the decisions were made the night before the tournament on who the non boaters would fish with. The way that this happened is that we would all be sitting around the campfire at the lake (which a great place to get acquainted with your fellow club members) and, after the new members and current members had time to get comfortable around each other, one of us current members would invite the new guy along to fish with us the next day.

I hope that all made sense. This club is unlike any club I've ever been with. We have never turned away a non boater and I don't ever see that happening. In fact, we normally have more than one boat in a tournament that has 3 anglers fishing out of it. You will have a ride. I can guarantee that!

Makes perfect sense. Thanks, looking forward to it.
Allen

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:08 pm 

Welcome to the club. Where are you from?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:00 pm 

Thanks, Watford City

Board index » New Member